Choose a clear direction

Today’s Sunshine:

Motivation Quotes:

“If you want to start living
an important life,
then choose a clear direction
 for yourself.”

James Clear

Sunshine Thoughts:

No bunny sighting today. Will keep my phone with me for a bit and perhaps one of these days will get lucky again.

Very quiet day. Working on writing more in the active voice than passive. I found an info graphic that listed 29 examples of active vs. passive and I spent an hour copying them by hand. For me it's not enough to just read something - I need to hand write things and then they get fixed in my brain.

Loving this book called, Talent is Overrated by Geoff Colvin. Basically it's about deliberate practice. Deciding what you want to achieve and then figuring out what you need to do to get there.

I want to be a better writer and so the number one thing is to finish my course. But I have made a list of things that I need to perfect such as plotting, characterization, dialogue and description. I will pick one to concentrate on for a week or so at a time.

I do believe in daily practice for long term gain. I just don't do it enough! I plan on making some long term goals - one, five and ten years and work on things that way.

One of the negative mindsets I have to blast away is that I am too OLD to start being a better writer. But that is silly. I can remember even when I was in grade school thinking I was too old to get better at something. It's like, really? Grade school and I'm still doing it?

Today's Three Sunshine (Gratitude) Moments:  

1. Being Married - it is just the nicest thing in my life. It's a repeat but important.
2. Reading good books - I have way too many going on at the same time but love it.
3. Another leftovers night. Was good the first time and only better the next.

(please share your moments in the comments!)
 

Sunshine Puzzle

preview54 pieceCleardirection

Guest Puzzle

preview28 pieceKwietne łąki o zachodzie

Sunshine Bucket -

Other blogs and sites I enjoy

James Clear  Cooks&Books Ted Talks

Games:   | Waffle | Mahjong |

Sunshine moments hedgehogSign up for daily Sunshine Moments Subscribe

Comments

Popular Posts