The real secret of success

Today’s Sunshine:

Motivation Quotes:

“The real Secret
of Success is
Enthusiasm!”
Walter P Chrysler

Sunshine Thoughts:

Here is the recipe for the Beet and Green Bean salad. Sorry I didn't take a picture! If anyone makes this please take a picture and share. :-)

Jon and I are celebrating the 4th quietly at home. We went to the store this morning and bought some vanilla ice cream and a large bottle of A&W root beer. So later today it's hot dogs and root beer floats coming up.

So far the fireworks have been very quiet today. Thank goodness. I read in the paper yesterday about how hard the fireworks are for veterans suffering from PTSD. I had never thought of that before but it definitely makes sense that that would be a trigger. My dad suffered from that from WWII and I know it would be the same for veterans from all the later entanglements. 

 I finished the book I mentioned in my gratitude moments yesterday. It was super good all the way through. It was only published in March of this year I think. I bet it will get a prize one of these days. Maybe a Newberry award or something big like that. "Hope in the Holler" by Lisa Lewis Type (Children's book)

After reading the above book and rereading the first book in Harry Potter I realized a major fault in my first book. All the characters are too nice. They are like the cast from "Father Knows Best" or "Leave it to Beaver." Is that showing my age or what? I guess it is part of my compulsive tendency to just want everyone "to please get along!" It doesn't make for very good story telling though.

Today's Three Sunshine (Gratitude) Moments:  
1. Root beer floats! Ever notice how often food makes it to my Gratitude list?

2. Living in the USA. Still a very wonderful place to be. Thank you for all who make this possible. Service men and women, families, and yes, even Politicians. They are not all bad!

3. Good health and a happy spirit for the day.
(please share your moments in the comments!)
 
Sunshine Puzzle  

preview54 pieceEnthusiasm

Guest Puzzle  

preview96 pieceSummer Pond~ LizGoodrickDillon

Sunshine Bucket -

Other blogs and sites I enjoy

James Clear  Medium                         Cooks&Books

Games:   | Waffle | Mahjong |

Sunshine moments hedgehogSign up for daily Sunshine Moments Subscribe

Comments

  1. Your root beer floats sound like a great treat. Hope you both enjoyed them.

    I also never thought of fireworks being a trigger for veterans suffering from PTSD. Something to think about

    And I guess I have dull stories too, I want the same as you, everyone to get along and BTW - I'm in the boat with you remembering those two shows

    Follow up from yesterday, are the crab cakes from Costco fresh or frozen?

    Today's Three Sunshine (Gratitude) Moments:

    1. Restful day to do what I wanted
    2. Enjoying cold brew ice coffee I made myself, mmm mmm good
    3. Leftovers for dinner





    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please share your gratitude moments, comments or anything you like.

Popular Posts